I tried to start this blog several years ago. My plan was to talk about being a good stepmom (to be) I just wanted a place to share my journey, stories, organizational ideas, etc. Since then, much has changed in my life. I'm still a stepmom (to be), but I'm much more than that and have discovered that I don't have to be perfect. Life is just a series of challenges and I'm doing my best each day to figure them out!
-Non-stick spray (or your favorite oil of choice. This was not my cleanest of meals, so I went with the ol' Aldi brand spray canola oil).
-Refrigerated canned cinnamon rolls
1. Spray waffle iron, top and bottom
2. Slap cinnamon roll onto waffle iron (mine can do two waffles at a time)
3. Don't clip down the top, just let it rest there
4. Stand and watch for the steam, they take about two minutes and then immediately burn, so stay there!
5. Pop out waffle with a fork. The top will stick.
Note: I would recommend that you take two and put them together, crumbly cinnamon topping side to crumbly cinnamon topping side. I did not do this and the topping burned onto my waffle iron and made the biggest burned on mess that I'm not sure I'll be able to get off. Grrr. Plus, stacking will make them actually waffle sized. I'm going to try that next time.
Its a good thing that I bought the waffle iron at a garage sale for $1.00 or I would be upset!
6. Spread with icing.
7. Enjoy, or watch your family enjoy if you are GF. I heard Pillsbury is coming out with some ready made GF stuff, so maybe we'll get lucky. Until then, you can make your own gluten free cinnamon rolls using Bob's Red Mill pizza dough mix. They were pretty good, but I'll try them from scratch next time. The mix was just what I had on hand.
Mmmmm, regular buttermilk waffles and cinnamon roll waffles. My family was psyched for these! I enjoyed some GF waffles that were in the freezer from the last batch I made. I won't say mmmmmm about them, but at least I was sort of eating what everyone else had!
Here's a gratuitous picture of the GF cinnamon rolls I made a few months back.
I still have some in my freezer...I'll be right back!!